Dubai Map – Where Is Dubai / UAE Located On The World Map?
The city of Dubai is becoming very popular as a tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), but most Americans would probably have a hard time finding it on a world map.
Even when I talk to some of my friends, they have no idea where Dubai is located (or they think it’s a country), which is understandable since it didn’t really become a popular place to travel until the last couple decades.
Still, this Middle Eastern city gets almost 17 million tourists per year, and it has some of the world’s fanciest hotels, malls, and theme parks, so it’s likely to get more and more popular.
Hopefully this Dubai map and location guide will help clear up any confusion!
Where Is Dubai On The World Map?
Dubai is a city and emirate (state) in a country called the United Arab Emirates (UAE), so first let’s find the UAE on the world map.
The United Arab Emirates is a small Middle Eastern nation surrounded by Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the Persian Gulf, as you can see (in red) on the map below.
Where Is Dubai Located In The UAE?
Next, let’s look at a map of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and find Dubai (in red).
Dubai is sandwiched between Abu Dhabi (the biggest emirate) to the south, and 5 smaller emirates to the northeast. The UAE has 7 emirates total, and Dubai is the most populated.
Lastly, here’s a close-up Dubai city map for tourists.
This is a complete map showing the main regions and important locations of Dubai.
Areas Of Dubai
The Dubai emirate has 6 main areas.
Here’s a brief summary of what you can find in each area of Dubai:
- Bur Dubai: A historical district that includes the Dubai Museum and Dubai Souk (market).
- Deira: Has the Deira clocktower, gold and perfume souks, and the Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club.
- Hatta: An exclave (territory surrounded by another state) with scenic mountains, forts, kayaking, and camping.
- Jebel Ali: Port town with Legoland, Motiongate, and Dubai Parks & Resorts. Also planned to be the future home of Dubai’s new mega airport.
- Jumeirah: Home to iconic Dubai landmarks like the Burj Al-Arab Hotel and the Palm Jumeirah man-made archipelago.
- Suburbs: Self explanatory!
More UAE / Dubai Travel Tips
I hope these maps helped you understand where Dubai is located in the world.
This city is getting more and more popular with tourists every year thanks to its fancy malls, theme parks, impressive landmarks, and luxury hotels.
If you’re planning a trip to Dubai or the United Arab Emirates, don’t forget to check out my complete UAE / Dubai Travel Guide, and stay tuned to this blog for more tips & info!
Dubai Map/Photo Credits
The Dubai maps on this page are courtesy of Wikimedia Commons. Their respective licenses apply:
- United Arab Emirates on the globe (United Arab Emirates centered). Wikimedia Commons author Addicted04. CC-BY-SA 3.0.
- Location of the United Arab Emirates. Wikimedia Commons author Goldsztajn. Public Domain.
- Map of Dubai blank. Wikimedia Commons author NordNordWest. CC-BY-SA 3.0 DE.
- Dubai new travel map. Wikimedia Commons author Davide Mauro. CC-BY-SA 4.0.