We Take Your Privacy Seriously
Your privacy is important to The World Travel Guy. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that The World Travel Guy collects, and the ways in which The World Travel Guy uses that personal information.
About This Policy
We created this privacy statement with the help of a Contractology precedent available at www.freenetlaw.com. Contractology produces and publishes jurisdiction-neutral legal documents for professional customers around the world.
Personal Information Collection
The World Travel Guy may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information anonymously collected via Google Analytics tracking code concerning your use of the website, i.e. which pages were visited, how long you viewed them, and so on. This is to help us better orient the site to our customer’s needs, as well as create a better experience for you when you return to our site.
- We also gather anonymous information via Google AdWords Conversion tracking code to determine which customers who visit the site complete a purchase.
- We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the Internet. Our site and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
- Our site and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to your site.
- We may collect anonymous user demographic information based on Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data; this will be utilized to better optimize our site, products and advertising to our customer’s perceived interests based on this data.
- We will track customer information via an internal database that is only accessible to The World Travel Guy employees and respective sub-contractors maintaining the system. This information will NOT be sold to a third-party for any reason for marketing or other use, and will only be retained by us for the purposes of internal tracking and processing of your information requests, for assistance in tracking your information while assisting you to find, finance and purchase a mobile home, as well as sending updates on your home buying process or information on future deals it is determined you may be interested in based on your customer history.
- When you contact us via our website contact form your contact information is also retained in our system for historical tracking purposes and analytics on our end, and will not be released outside of The World Travel Guy for any marketing purposes.
Using personal information
The World Travel Guy may use your personal information or information anonymously collected during your visit to the site to:
- Administer this website;
- Personalize the website for you;
- Send you marketing communications.Where The World Travel Guy discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, The World Travel Guy may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
The World Travel Guy will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We do not handle credit card transactions or payments on our site.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website may contain links to other websites.
The World Travel Guy is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache.
The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps.
This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Contact The World Travel Guy