The Bali Butterfly Park is a great place to interact with Indonesian bugs and butterflies in a semi-natural setting in Bali. We had loads of fun here!
Bali actually has two butterfly parks, but they’re similar to each other. You can visit the Kemenuh Butterfly Park near Ubud, or there’s a second butterfly park in the Tabanan regency.This travel guide will explain how to get there, and everything you need to know before you go!
Where To Stay
Visiting The Bali Butterfly Parks
The Bali Butterfly Park in Kemenuh has an outdoor enclosure with walking paths and hundreds of active butterflies, including more than a dozen Balinese species.
You can walk through the whole thing in 30-60 minutes, so I think the ticket prices are kind of on the high side for Bali, but we still enjoyed it.
The main highlight of the Kemenuh Butterfly Park (or the one at Tabanan) is an indoor hatchery where you can hold giant stick bugs from Borneo and even a few Atlas moths (the biggest moth in the world).
Nature lovers and kids will have a complete blast going hands on with the bugs, and at the Tabanan park you can even hold Goliath beetles and leaf bugs too!
Bali actually has two butterfly parks, one in Kemenuh and the other in Tabanan:
- Kemenuh Butterfly Park seems to be in better shape, with more butterflies and better management. This one is easier to reach from Ubud, Sanur, and the other tourist areas.
- Tabanan Butterfly Park has more bug species to hold, like huge Goliath beetles, and there’s an indoor mini-museum with framed insects to look at. This park needs some renovation, and it’s also harder to reach from the tourist areas.
The good news is that both parks will let you hold the giant stick bugs and Atlas moths!
Hours & Entrance Fees
- Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Adults:* 100k IDR (~$7)
- Kids:* 50k IDR
* Payment by cash or credit card is accepted.
How To Get There
- Kemenuh Butterfly Park is located in Gianyar, Bali, just 15 minutes from Ubud or 30 minutes from Sanur. GPS here.
- The other Bali Butterfly Park is located in Tabanan, about 1 hour from Ubud or 1.5 hours from Sanur. GPS here.
Bali Private Driver & Motorbike Rental
If you want to explore Bali in the comfort and safety of a private car with an English speaking driver, my top recommendation would be GetYourGuide.
Their price is 650k Rupiah ($45 USD) for a full day of driving and sightseeing in Bali (up to 10 hours) for 1-5 passengers. That's the total price for the whole car + driver + petrol! It's a great deal. They also offer affordable hotel transfers from the airport.
If you'd rather travel by motorbike, they have that too. Their scooter rentals start at 140k Rupiah (~$9) and include a helmet, rain coat, and free delivery in the south Bali area.
We've used GetYourGuide for lots of tours and activities around the world, and they're great! Highly recommended.
- Ubud Travel Guide - Best Things To Do In Ubud Bali
- 3-Day Ubud Itinerary - Touring Bali's Cultural Center
- Ubud Temple Guide - Best Temples In Ubud Bali
- Ubud Waterfall Guide - Best Waterfalls Near Ubud Bali
- Bali Beach Guide - The Best Beaches In Bali
- Bali Waterfalls Guide - The Best Waterfalls In Bali
- Bali Temple Guide - The Best Temples In Bali
- Most Beautiful Indonesian Islands - Best Places To Visit In Indonesia
- Bali Travel Guide - Info, Pictures, & Blog